Title : Figurine of Dog
Accession No : VC/BB/88/133
A Dog figure standing on four legs. Tail can be seen turned upwards. Big eyes and ears on both sides. Carving can be seen around the neck and linear design all over the body.
- RemarksDamaged at places
- Action NoteCR
- Community / TribeJhara
- Measurement (CMS)20 x 25 x 10
- ArtisticMolten material, typically metal, is used in casting operations. Then, a cavity in a mould that will later become the shape of the finished object is filled with this molten material. When the desired shape is achieved, the molten material cools while typically absorbing heat from the mould.
- DescriptionA Dog figure standing on four legs. Tail can be seen turned upwards. Big eyes and ears on both sides. Carving can be seen around the neck and linear design all over the body.
- Inscription/Markings No
- Reference"Mathur, Asha R. The Great Tradition: Indian Bronze Masterpieces. New Delhi: Brijbasi, 1988. S.D. Trivedi, U.C. Dwivedi, ed. Metallic Art of India. New Delhi: Sharda Publishing House, 2009. Chattopadhaya, Kamaladevi. Handicrafts of India. New Delhi: Indian Council for Cultural Research, 1975."
- KeywordDog, Kutta, Wildlife, Decorative, Pet, Animal